Thank You to our incredible sponsors! Check out these offers for Downtown Residents (or anyone with one of these in their hand)!
If you can only attend one Block Party! we encourage you to go to the the one closest to your residence. Both parties have similar things happening (see North Party post for details). They were designed to allow you to connect to your closest proximity neighbors. You’re welcome to participate in either, though. In addition to all the activities from the North Party, there are some unique elements to the South Party:
- Saturday, September 18th, 5-8pm
- Located in front of the historic Ford Building (S. 13th and Fawcett)
- Side Bar Bistro is providing food for sale (probably Hot Rod Dogs and maybe beer)
- There may be a few live musical performances in addition to the DJ
- Since this party happens 3 weeks after the first, there will be more activities added as more people in the neighborhood find out about it and present great ideas.
If you can only attend one Block Party! we encourage you to go to the the one closest to your residence. Both parties have similar things happening (see North Party post for details). They were designed to allow you to connect to your closest proximity neighbors. You’re welcome to participate in either, though. Most of the features are similar for both parties, with dates, times, location, and vendors differing.
- Saturday, August 28th, 6-9pm
- Located in Opera Alley (near S. 7th and St Helen’s). No charge to participate or enter the event.
- The purpose of the event it to provide a space for Downtown residents to connect with one another and foster a sense of neighborhood identity and ownership. For more info on this, see our About section.
- A Downtown DJ Playing everything from 80’s New Wave, to disco and reggae.
- Community art project in partnership with First Night. Working on an 8’-10’ pagoda made out of a disassembled display from the Winter Olympics. Neighbors will be able to decorate it however they seem fit to represent themselves and the neighborhood. Feel free to bri9ng things from home to add to it. Anything! It will be on display at First Night if all goes well
- Working with neighborhood techies and artistic types to have a stop-motion video project recording the whole night and replayed for all at the end of the party!
- A fun photo booth with pictures available online in the weeks following the party.
- Chalk art area.
- Neighborhood involvement booth.
- Food will be available to purchase from Over the Moon Cafe. Seating and tables on site available.
- In honor of the Block Party, The Mix is hosting all day happy hour across the street.
- Puget Sound Pizza will have after party drink specials!Sidebar is looking into a beer garden at the South party.