That’s a lot of P’s. So here’s the plan. We want our poster this year to embody the creative and collaborative spirit of the party. Our friends at Slidesideways designed another great poster, but they left the color out so you could paint it!
Thursday night at 7pm we are hosting a watercolor painting party. Everyone that comes will get to paint to their heart’s delight and sign their names to the bottom. All over town people can see your beautiful work!
Are you interested in coming? Email locallifetacoma at gmail dot com or call Justin: 253 330 6932. The slideshow below contains examples of what Scott and Jacqui from Slidesideways already printed and painted. What will yours look like?
If you can only attend one Block Party! we encourage you to go to the the one closest to your residence. Both parties have similar things happening (see North Party post for details). They were designed to allow you to connect to your closest proximity neighbors. You’re welcome to participate in either, though. In addition to all the activities from the North Party, there are some unique elements to the South Party:
- Saturday, September 18th, 5-8pm
- Located in front of the historic Ford Building (S. 13th and Fawcett)
- Side Bar Bistro is providing food for sale (probably Hot Rod Dogs and maybe beer)
- There may be a few live musical performances in addition to the DJ
- Since this party happens 3 weeks after the first, there will be more activities added as more people in the neighborhood find out about it and present great ideas.